Friday, August 06, 2010

Fifth Anniversary!

August 6th, 2005
You are my best friend, my companion, and my partner in life. With a joyful heart I give myself to you to be your wife/husband from this day forward. Before God, our friends, and our families, I promise to cherish you, comfort you, trust you, and care for you through joys and sorrows, sickness and health, calm and chaos, in all the changing seasons of our lives together. I will encourage you, laugh with you, cry with you, listen to you, and speak the truth to you in love. You have taught me so much, and I commit to continue growing with you in faith, wisdom, and love. By the grace of God and with the help of those gathered here today, I will be faithful to you and to these promises for as long as we both shall live.

August 6th, 2010
On August 6th, 2005, Hilary and I were married. It's hard to believe that it's been five years already! Our friends were kind enough to babysit for us while we had our first real "date night" since Phil came along. (Thanks, Bill and Jenny!) We managed to squeeze in a quick dinner, a movie, and a trip to Starbucks to reminisce about the past five wonderful years!

No comments: